I have always loved a bit of tartness when it comes to fillings and creams within pastries and cakes. One of my absolute favourite fruits is the beautiful raspberry! I will be taking you through a step by step of how to make an amazing Raspberry Buttercream filling – which can be used for your french macaron, cakes or even if you just wish to eat it on its own (Guilty!)
- 200 grams Margarine or Butter – at room temperature
- 3 dl Icing Sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 dl Mixed Raspberries – can use frozen as well, just make sure to strain of excess water
- Add icing sugar and margarin together in a bowl until blended completely.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk with an electric whisk and high speed until blended completely.
- Pour the buttercream into a piping bag and let chill for 10-15 minutes in the fridge until a little more stiff.
- Take out of the fridge and pipe onto your desired cookie, macaron, cake, and whatever else you love to eat ! 🙂