This is the season for spices, so why not use one of my very favourite spices of all time – cinnamon! And what better cookies to bake with cinnamon than a batch of chewy snickerdoodle. They’re easy and quick to make, very tasty and have a funny name 😉
Here’s how you make them!
- 225g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- With a hand held Mixer (or a stand mixer) mix the butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1tsp of vanilla extract and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend the dry ingredients into butter mixture, mixing on low speed just until everything has blended thoroughly.
- Wrap the dough in cling film (plastic wrap) and leave it to chill in the freezer for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Take the chilled dough and roll out small 1 inch balls.
- Coat by gently rolling the balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on the baking tray which is lined with baking paper and bake 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the hot pan immediately. And let them cool and a wired wrack.