Winter season is never complete without Snowmen! Even if you dont get much snow wherever you are, im sure these cute little snowmen cake pops would make anyone happy during a christmas party (or dinner, or just for fun 🙂 ) They are super easy to make, and lots of fun. Be creative as you like with decorating your snowman, and make sure to have fun 🙂
Here’s how you make them!
- 200g sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 large tbsp frosting – (you can find a recipe here)
- 400 g white chocolate
- Edible markers (black and orange to draw the face and buttons with)
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Butter the base and sides of two 20cm round sandwich tins, then line the bases with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients and a pinch of salt together until pale. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, cut the cake into quarters and then in a large bowl crumble the cake as much as you can with your fingers, you can use a blender for this, but why make more mess to clean up afterwards?? 😉 Your hands do just fine 😉
- Once crumbled up, add the frosting, nice large spoon fulls (tbsp) and mix well with your hands until you create a dough that stick together and you can form a nice big ball with it.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 20 min, just so that everything inside sticks together well. Then take it out and using a small ice cream scooper, scoop up one ball at a time. You can just eye ball this as well, its up to how much of a perfectionist you want to be 🙂 Make sure to make one small and one large ball, for the head and body of the snowmen.
- Once you’ve rolled out all your cake pop balls, then take a toothpick and join the head to the body on all of your snowmen (see picture below) and then place in the freezer for about 15 min, until they stiffen together. Dont worry about covering them, they won’t be in there long enough to get any sort of freezer burn, so you’re fine with just placing them on a plate and leaving them in the freezer.
- While your snowmen are in the freezer, grab a small bowl (preferably something that isn’t too wide at the bottom, and melt your white chocolate.
- Take the snowmen out, and insert them onto a cake pop stick. Dip the snowmen in the white chocolate until fully covered and then let stand to dry on a styrofoam block or a cardboard box.
- Once dried then draw the eyes, nose, and buttons with your edible markers.
- And VOILA! your snow men are complete! I’ve wrapped mine in cellophane and tied them up with some paper string. Place them in a glass filled with sugar to make it look like snow 🙂