Here is the perfect morning breakfast! Its quick, easy and extremely tasty! Perfect for a brunch or just a regular quick breakfast! These raspberry & lemon scones will not disappoint and give you the start jump you need for the rest of the day! 😉
Here’s how you make them!
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttercream (if you don’t have buttercream, just add 2 tbsp of lemon into a cup of milk and let rest or five minutes before use)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170˚C. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cubed butter, and using either a pastry blender, two forks or a food processor, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour butter mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Add the raspberries and gently stir until just combined.
- Dust your kneading surface with extra flour. Turn the dough onto the floured surface and knead until it comes together. If it is still too wet, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour on it at a time and knead in. The raspberries will get a little smooshed.
- Pat the dough into a round and cut out 8 triangular shaped wedges. Place wedges onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until risen and the tops are just starting to golden. Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. And Enjoy!