So tell me who doesnt love a good brownie. Especially when its hardcore layerd up with some extra nutty flavours! This is my version of a peanut butter brownie. It has a thick brownie base, with a home made peanut butter spread and a chocolate & peanut ganache to top it off! Trust me when i say, no matter how big of a slice you take, you WILL want more 😉
Here’s how you make it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus more for foil
- 300g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt (sea salt)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate & Peanut Ganache
- 1 cup dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup double cream
- 1 1/2 tsp seat salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (from above recipe)
. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with foil; butter foil. Set aside.
Place butter and 225g of chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water; stir until almost melted. Remove from heat and then stir until completely melted.
Whisk in the sugar and salt until smooth. Then whisk in the eggs. Gently whisk and fold in the flour just until smooth (do not overmix). Add in the remaining 75g of chopped dark chocolate.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (they should form a ball when rolled between your fingers), 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
Use foil to lift brownie cake from pan; peel off and discard.
Peanut Butter Spread
- Grind the roasted peanuts into a blender or grinder until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH at 30-second intervals until softened; stir until smooth.
- Then take out roughly 1/3 cup of the peanut butter spread and set aside for the ganache) spread the remaining peanut butter mixture over the cooled brownie base. And let set in the fridge until your ganache is complete (method below)
Chocolate & Peanut Ganache
- Place all your chopped chocolate, sea salt, and peanut butter spread in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan pour in all the double cream and bring to a boil, remove from heat immedietly and then pour onto the chocolate ingredients in the bowl. Dont mix at all, let it stand for roughly 10 min until the cream cools down. If you want this to work a little faster then place it into the fridge.
- Then whisk the cream utnil it becomes a lovely thick velvety texture.
- Spread teh chocolate& peanut ganache ontop of your cake, and youre done!