Its the flu season and the holidays are over. everyone wants to just curl into bed and wake up when the cold wintery weather is gone! Well I’ve got something fluffy, yummy warm and a little sweet to lighten up these gloomey mornings. Try this simple one bowl scone recipe, and enjoy it with butter, cheese, clotted cream, jam or just on its own! Very quick and very easy to bake.
Here’s how you make it!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 200C. Line your baking tray with a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and with your fingers just rub and break the mixture until it forms small crumbs. You can use a pastry blender for this, but it5s always easier and mroe fun getting your hands stuck in there 🙂
- Add the 1/2 cup cream and egg to the flour mixture and, using a fork, gently stir until incorporated (do not overmix). Bring the dough together.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into an 8 round scones. Brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon cream and sprinkle with the sugar (this is optional as this will give a slightly crunchy and sweet texture at the tope) and bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.