Chocolate cravings never go away. Especially with the fresh snow that settled in last night. A great way to start your morning is to have a couple of these awesome easy to bake double chocolate chip cookies!
Here’s how you make them –
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 2 cups Dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a small bowl pour in 1 cup of the chopped chocolate and butter. Set to melt on top of a saucepan with simmering water over medium heat.
- Once melted completely, pour into a larger bowl and add in sugar. Using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer, mix at medium speed until the sugar and wet ingredients are fully mixed in and the dark chocolate color changed to a creamier color and texture.
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Then slowly add in the flour and mix at low speed. Don’t over mix, just until all is incorporated.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator for about 20 min.
- Take your baking tray and line with baking paper and roll ut small balls of the dough onto the tray. Leave but an inch and half space between a chicken ball of dough.
- Be in the oven for 12-15 min, take out and let cool or eat straight away with some ice cream!