The all time childhood favorite snack to eat was always peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So I decided to take my childhood nostalgic flavor and convert it into a pretty amazing pie! A pretzel cookie base with dark chocolate and a peanut butter soft cream cheese filling topped with whipped cream.. Who wouldn’t like this! 😉
Here’s how you make it!
- 6 cups of pretzels, crushed using a blender or by beating them in a ziplock bag
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups whipped cream, already whipped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients (crushed pretzels and butter) with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and all the way up the sides.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 175C, and then sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the bottom of the crust.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- Once removed, using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate to evenly coat the bottom and side of the pretzel crust with a thin layer of chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to completely cool in refrigerator before filling.
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and icing sugar until well combined, scraping down sides of the mixing bowl as necessary.
- Then gently fold in 2 cups or half of whipped cream.
- This should result in a light and fluffy texture.
- Pour the peanut butter filling evenly in the deep dish.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over peanut butter filling. Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- Decorate with some shaved choclate ontop!