The jiggly fluffy cheesecake that everyone is talking about right now! Its the perfect start to calling in the spring weather and a perfect treat for yourself!
Here’s how you make it!
- 250 g cream cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 140 g castor sugar (split into to two, so two 70g sugar)
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 60 g superfine flour (or cake flour)
- 20 g corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 egg whites
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and grease 8″ x 3″ cake pan with butter and line the bottom and sides with baking paper
- Whisk cream cheese till smooth over a warm water bath and then add the egg yolks and whisk until fully combined
- Add half the sugar (70 g) and whisk until combined, and remove from water bath
- Warm the cream and butter, and whisk into the batter
- Add salt, lemon juice, lemon zest and whisk until combined
- Sift in the flour and corn starch and fold into mixture
- On the side, whisk the egg whites at low speed till foamy
- Gradually add the remaining 70 gram of sugar and beat till soft peaks
- Fold whites into the batter 1/3 at a time
- Pour into cake pan and tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles
- Get a tray or a pan that is larger than your cake tin and deeper, and place a few paper towels on the middle of the tray. Place your cheesecake pan ontop and fill the tray with1inch of warm water.
- Bake with the water bath on the lowest rack for 20 mins, then lower the temperature to 140°C for another 30 mins (let the heat in the oven to drop gradually with door closed).
- Take out the tray, and remove your cheesecake from the tray with the water bath and let it cool. *Dont worry if there are cracks, its normal fro a cheesecake, it all depends on how hot your oven was, mine came out with soem cracks, but it tasted amazing!
- Once cooled open your cake pan and carefull flip the cake ontop your hand to remove the bakign paper from underneath, then flip it back onto yoru serving plate. *NOTE you’ve got to do this quick, as the cake is so light and fluffy youll be left with imprints of your hand on the top if you leave it on your hand for too long!
- Dust some icing sugar on the top for decoration and enjoy with some strawberries or whipped cream! 🙂