Matcha is such a versatille ingredient. You dont only drink it, you can bake with it cook with it.. anything really. It has a very strong flavour, so only adding just a touch can totally change an entire bake! Here are my indent matcha cookies with some white chocolate drizzle!
Here’s how you make them!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 10 g pure matcha powder
- 113 g of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted for drizzle
- Sift together the flour, salt, and matcha powder. Put aside.
- With an electric hand mixe, cream together the powdered sugar and the butter.
- Then very slowly, with the mixer on low, incorporate the matcha/ flour mixture into the butter mixture. I prefer to use my hands, but if you do mind getting dirty then the hand mixer is best, jsut make sure that you have it on the lowest speed possible otehrwise the mixture will break apart easily.
- Once fully incorporated, remove the dough and form it into a log roughly 10-12 inches long. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will help slice and indent the cookies.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 175 C and prepare a baking sheet.
- Once the dough is set hard enough to slice easily. Take it out and slice out roughly 20 cookies. Then take a fork and diagonally press getnly on each cookie to create a four stripe indent. This not only helps the bake but also gives it a nice rough looking texture, which I feel suits the matcha tea as it is so natural and green.
- Then bake in the oven for 10-12 min. Take out and let rest utnil compeltely cooled.
- To decorate, and to give it an extra oumph in taste, take your melted white chocolate and drizzle over the cookies using a fork. And voila! Youre done! 🙂 (You can even have it with some matcha latte!)