There is never a better thing to wake up to other than the fresh smell of scones! Here is my recipe for quick and easy dollop style British scones, enjoy with jam or clotted cream!
Here’s how you make them!
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4cup sugar
- 6tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- 2/3cup milk
- 1large egg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a food processor, (or with your hands), pulse the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar a couple times to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse 7-10 times until the butter is completely distributed. It’s always nice to see small pea size bits of butter in your mixture. This helps with the layering of the scones. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the milk and egg. Save 2 tbsp of it for the egg wash later, and pour the rest into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine with a spatula, until a rough dough forms.
- Your dough will be sticky which is perfect! Now you can take an ice cream scoop or a spoon, and ‘dollop’ each scoop onto your lined baking tray. Brush with egg wash and add a little brown sugar for an extra pizzazz 😉
- Bake the scones for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown on the tops and bottoms. Enjoy!