When you don’t have time in the kitchen to make an amazing pie, then you make an even more amazing Galette! It’s quick, its easy, it tastes like a pie, and is absolutely delicious! I have chosen to use pears as my main fruit with almond paste and chocolate as a base. Try it and be amazed!
Here’s how you make it!
The Crust –
• 1¼ cup Flour
• ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
• ¼ cup Sugar
• 110 g Unsalted Butter (cold)
The Filling –
- 3 Ripe Pears
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch (or Maizena)
- 1/2 cup Almond Paste
- 100 g Chopped Dark Chocolate
- In a bowl, combine sifted flour, sifted cocoa powder and sugar. Add butter, cut into cubes and using your hands break the butter, work it into the flour mix until you get crumb-like texture. Now start forming the pastry by pressing the “crumbs” together or kneading.
- Roll the pastry into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap (or cling film) and press down to shape into a disk. This will help you to roll out the shape of the Galette easily once its chilled. Then refrigerate for 30-45 minutes (or overnight if you have the time)
- Rinse the pears, cut in halves and remove the seeds. Slice them, but make sure not to slice too thin, you really want a rustic looking and tasting Galette, with a nice piece of Pear. This isn’t a dainty dessert 😉
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and roll into a circle (or as circular as you can get it!). Don’t worry if it breaks a little on the edges, just take the broken bits place back into the dough and roll over to push them back into the pastry. Make sure not to roll the crust too thin. (to stop the pastry from sticking to your rolling pin, roll it in between two sheets of plastic wrap) Remove the plastic wrap from the top and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread the almond paste iver the center of the galette, you can Aldo Written the almond paste into chucks and just spread it across. Then sprinklers the chocolate chucks over the top of the almodn paste.
- Dust the pears with cornstarch (or maizena) and arrange pear slices in the center of the pastry ons-tor of tour almond and chocolate filling. Brush of any access corn starch on the pears showing on the top. I placed my pears in a circular form, you can see below in the images on how I did mine, but this is free range on however you would like to arrange your pears :). Then fold the outer pastry edges towards the middle so that the pastry is overlapping the pear filling.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Let it cool before dusting with icing sugar. (Thais is totalt optional!)
5 thoughts on “Chocolate & Pear with Almond Paste Galette”
looks delicious !!
Thank you! It is! Please give it a go!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Also if you do try it, don’t forget to add the hashtag #bakedwithammna ! I would love to see how it turned out on instagram! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh Ok !!