So here’s the thing, sometimes you just want to experiment and see if you can create a ‘healthier’ treat so you don’t feel too bad (or like me don’t feel too bad eating a lot!) These bars are Gluten free, vegan friendly, as well as paleo. Plus they have the lowest carb and sugar levels from nearly all of my baked goodness! Now that’s a treat!! 😉
Here’s how you make them!
For the bars :
- 7 Tbsp. coconut flour (or if you prefer a nice chew use shredded coconut)
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or raw refined honey
- 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tbsp. nut butter (I used organic raw peanut butter)
- vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
For the topping
- 1 cup unsweetened vegan chocolate, chopped (or regular chocolate if youre not opting for the vegan version)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil / or coconut butter
- 1 tbsp refined honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
To make the bars :
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Add your
- chocolate chips, and mix.
- Line a 8″ square pan with baking paper. Press your dough into the pan, and flatten
- with your hands or with the back of a spatula. Place in the freezer to chill for 20
To make the topping :
- Melt together chocolate, coconut butter and honey in a microwave or on the stovetop.
- Spread topping evenly over bars.
- Let sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator until topping is set. I kept mine in the freezer for roughly an hour then I couldn’t wait any longer!!
- Cut and eat and ENJOY!