Its definitely still pumpkin spice season, but honestly there is nothing better that goes together with pumpkin spice than dark chocolate!! So here guys, you have my dark chocolate bundt cake with pumpkin spice cheesecake inside! Do I hear a YUM!! 😉
Heres how you make!
Chocolate Bundt Cake Layer
- 165g butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer
- 225g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice (recipe here)
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup cream
Chocolate Bundt Cake Layer –
- Preheat oven to 175C degrees. Butter your bundt pan with butter.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer)add the butter, beat until smooth and creamy. Add the light brown sugar and mix until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Add the vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- In another medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate pouring the flour and buttermilk into the butter sugar batter. Mix the batter slowly until just combined. And set aside.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer –
- In medium size bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
Assembling in the bundt pan –
- Pour half the chocolate batter into the bundt pan. Using the back of a spoon smooth it out. Carefully spoon in the pumpkin cheesecake layer into the chocolate cake batter leaving about a 1/4 inch space around the actual cake pan, and form the center of the cake pan as well – This is so that the pumpkin cheesecake doesn’t pour out of the chocolate batter and bake on the outside.
- Pour the remaining chocolate cake batter into the cake pan. Smooth out.
- Bake for about 40-50minutes. Top will look slightly puffy and a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. If the top (what will be the bottom) of the cake is puffed up and not even, grab a clean towel or paper towel and gently press it down. It will be very warm, so just be a little careful when you do this. Pressing it down while still warm will help flatten out the top/bottom of the cake, instead of cutting it off to make it leveled.
- Once the cake has cooled about 10-15 minutes, gently place the cake plate you will be using on top of the cake pan. Turn the entire cake pan over, still holding the cake plate on the top. Remove the cake pan and you will have the bundt cake on the plate. Enjoy!