There is nothing simpler and yummier than making rocky road. The best kind is the one that’s hard enough for everything to stick together and also chewy and crunchy enough to make everyone go ‘ahhh ooo yum!’ 🙂 Here is a simple and fast rocky road recipe for you guys to whip up in a jiffy!
Here’s how you make it!
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 135g butter
- 200g dark chocolate (I used 80% chocolate)
- 2-3 tbsp syrup
- 100g mini marshmallows (chopped regular marshmallows work too)
- 100 g Honeycombe, broken into pieces (optional, for recipe click here)
- 100 g crushed peanuts (or nuts of your choice)
- icing sugar, to dust
- Grease and line an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a Bowl until bite size pieces form. Then leave aside.
- In a large saucepan melt 135g butter, 200g dark chocolate and 2-3 tbsp golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Take the biscuits, the marshmallows, Honeycombe (optional), and the peanuts ( or which ever nuts you prefer) and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hrs then dust with icing sugar and cut into squares to enjoy!