It’s the beginning of the new year, and the time when everyone is trying to get rid of those extra pounds they put on during the holiday from eating deliciously amazing food and desserts! There is nothing like a great brunch, so I decided to make some pancakes that weren’t harsh on your tummy but also tasted amazing! These fluffy blueberry American pancakes are gluten free, Keto friendly and sugar free! They are perfect for any diet you may be on also a great treat and super yummy! I have not added any maple syrup to mine, but feel free to coat them in it yourself if you feel diets are a no no! Lol Super simple, super fast, and super amazing!
Here’s how you make them!
- 3 eggs
- 135 g cream cheese
- 100 g of melted butter
- 3 dl of almond flour
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk (known as Fiberhusk in Sweden, this can be found at any local supermarket located where the flour usually is)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Lemon zest from 1 whole lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90 g fresh blueberries.
- Whisk eggs, cream cheese and melted butter in a bowl. Mix the other ingredients separately, other than the blueberries, keep them aside for now. Then pour into egg and cream cheese batter. Stir until a smooth batter is created and let rest for a few minutes.
- Melt some butter on medium heat in a non-stick pan. Pour about a 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the pan. Press some blue berries into the batter while its on the pan. Fry so 2 or 3 minutes one one side, and then flip over do the same for the other side.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream or burnt butter. Or if you are a bit of a rebel and want to add some sugar, pour some honey or maple syrup on and Enjoy! 🙂