Baking a cake is always fun but what even more fun is decorating it! I love painting especially water color style of painting. Here is a very simple but extremely awesome and beautiful way of decorating your cake! Painted candied pears! They are incredibly breathtaking and best thing is you can change the cookies to whatever you want! Also you can eat them as a snack if you like! 😉
Here’s how you make it!
- 6 Pears
- Food colour gels, in colours of your choice ( I used yellow, pink, orange, purple and mahogany)
- Paint brush
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice the pears from top to bottom, half ways, so you get a nice long slice. The thinner you slice them the faster they will bake and the more the colours will come out.
- Then in a small sauce pan, pour the sugar and water , and heat at medium heat until the sugar in completely dissolved.
- Then place all the pears into the sugar syrup and let them soak. Take them out and oat them dry with a tea towel.
- On a baking tray lined with a baking sheet, place all your pear slices (I had two baking trays) and then on a separate plate plop a drop or two of each colour.
- Take your paint brush and paint your pear as you wish! I started with yellow and then kept going until I reached the darkest colour 🙂
- Sprinkle some sugar over the top of them, not too much just enough so when they dry it gives a nice crunch to them as well and they become like a candy.
- Then dry them out in the oven, set at 100 C degrees for about 2 hours. Some might not have dried out completely but dont worry, once they are out the will continue the drying process. This would be best if you made them the day before so they have enough time to soak in the colours. The colours may come out brighter depending on what kind of gel food colour you used.