It’s nearly time for Valentine’s Day! And what better way to celebrate it with by making something sweet and cute and lovely dovey?! Make it for your friends, family or loved one…. or even for yourself 😉 I’ve made my chewy merengue pops with raspberry flavor, piped in heart shapes and flowers in multiple pink cookies just to give it that extra level of super cuteness! Easy least to make and lots of cuteness overload!
Here’s how you make them!
- 200 grams Pasturized Egg White
- pinch salt
- 400 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raspberry flavouring gel
- In a stand mixer, add in your egg whites with the pinch of salt and mix on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Then add in your icing sugar – I add mine in three parts only so the icing sugar doesn’t fly everywhere! 😉 Mix on high speed until stiff and shiny peaks form.
- Add in your vanilla extract and the raspberry flavouring, and beat until well combined.
- Take the merengue mixture and split it into four bowls.
- Add a few drops of your gel food colouring into each bowl. Then FOLD your merengue with the colour – This is absolutely vital that you do NOT mix it or beat it, you must FOLD it so that the wonderful air you’ve created in your meringue doesn’t go away and deflate.
- Then pour the merengue into different piping bags fitted with the respective tips.
- Pipe them out on a baking tray lined with baking sheet/paper. And once piped you can even add some sprinkles to jazz it up a bit – this is optional.
- Place them in the oven at 70C for 4 hours with the oven door ajar (a bit open – remember, you don’t want to bake them you want to dry them out)
- And voila! They’re done! Enjoy! 🙂