Here’s how you make them!
- 1 cup (140 grams) flour
- 3/4 cup (roughly 150 grams) sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 115g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice from one large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate & Lemon Drizzle:
- 1 cup of cream (double cream)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 300g dark chocolate , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line an 8X8-inch square baking pan with baking paper/parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs and egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Then pour it into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Just make sure not to over bake, because otherwise they will become too dry.
- Leave them to cool completely.
- For the chocolate and lemon drizzle, place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Then pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour it over the chopped chocolate and leave it for 10 min. Then whisk it until combined. Add in the lemon zest and bit by bit add in the lemon juice and whisk until combined.
- Leave it to chill in the fridge for a bit until it stiffens slightly. Don’t let it harden, as you need to spread and drizzle it over your lemon blondies.
- Then take the lemon blondies and slice them into squares. Drizzle the chocolate/lemon drizzle over or spread with a teaspoon until covers to the thickness you like. And you’re all done!
You can enjoy then straight away or leave them in the fridge to chill for a bit and have them a little cooled! They are absolutely scrumptious!