My ooey gooey salted caramel is to die for! Its only takes 10 minutes to make plus you can use it to add that little extra touch to apples, cakes, frosting, cookies, even food! Literally anything! Super easy, Super yummy and Super gooey!! 🙂
Here’s how you make it!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk in vanilla (be careful, it will bubble up, but dont worry, if you keep whisking it’ll calm down pretty fast) and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Cool your caramel until your able to touch it with your finger, and then pour it into a jar, and refrigerate until cold.
- Store in the fridge. And when ready to serve, microwave briefly until sauce is pour-able, or just let it rest until room temperature, mixing it now and then ( thats what i do! 🙂 )