Nothing like a nice little treat with your coffee in the afternoons, or evenings. Well here’s my recipe for honeycombe. This is a chewy, crunchy sticky little treat, that’S super yummy, no one will ever say no to it!
Here’s how you make it!
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp honey (or you could use syrup)
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Put the sugar and syrup into a saucepan and stir together to mix mell.
- Place the pan on medium to high heat and let the mixture first melt, and then it will start bubbling and change colour to resemble maple syrup – this will take 3 minutes or so.
- Take it off the heat, pour in the bicarbonate of soda and whisk rigorously and watch the syrup turn into a cloud of aerated pale colour. Pour this immediately onto a greased baking pan.
- Leave until set and then break it apart to make beautiful yummy chewy little pieces.