One of my favourite day of the year is coming up soon. Pie day! So to prep for this I have decided to bake a pie each day this week! Todays Pie is a peanut butter mousse pie! So for those nutty people out there, this one will really tickle your tastebuds! The crunchy, salty , chocolatey base made with oreos and pretzels really ties well with the creamy sweet peanut butter mousse ontop. Hope you guys like this one! ‘Coz I do! 😉
Here’s how you make it!
- 2 cups Heavy cream (to whip)
- 1/4 cup Icing sugar
- 1 cup Peanut butter, soft without peanut chunks
- 154g Oreo cookies (roughly 1 whole packet)
- 1 cup Pretzels
- 4 tbs coconut oil , melted
- In a zip lock bag or a plastic bag of some sort bash the oreo’s and pretzels until they resembles crumbs. Or alternatively you can pulse them in a blender. Add in the coconut oil and mix until throughly combined. Do the same in the blender, if that’s what you’re using.
- Place it into your pie dish, my dish is 8 inches. Press it down using either your fingers or a the back of a spoon, until you cover and coat the sides and the base of the pie dish. Making sure you have a nice even coat of the crumb. Place it into the fridge.
- Now to start on your peanut butter mousse : Pour the creamy and icing sugar into a medium sized bowl, and either using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, mix on high speed until the cream is fluffy and stiff. In a separate bowl pour the peanut butter into it and stir it until it becomes a little loose.
- Then pour the soft peanut butter into the whipped cream and fold gently until the peanut butter is completely blended into the cream. Pour it into a piping bag.
- Take your pie base out and pipe in you’re mousse, you can make little droplets like I did or ultimately just pipe it out as you wish 🙂
- Place the pie in the fridge for about 40 minutes, and voila you’re done! you can garnish it with salted caramel drizzle, and/or chocolate drizzle or both like I did! 😀