Its the season for figs, and what better way to have figs than to make a dessert with it! 😉 These yummy, chewy, creamy delicious fig, coconut and cashew bars may be healthy, but they are amazing! They’re also vegan, gluten-free, lactose free and no-bake!!!!
Here’s how you make them!
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/4 cashews
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- ½ cup fig jam (recipe here)
- ½ cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ tbsp water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Jam Filling –
- 1 cup Fig jam (recipe here, if you want to make your own – otherwise store bought it just fine)
- Coconut Cashew Cream –
- ½ cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Fresh fig slices to decorate
For the Base –
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and mix until sticky and thick.
- Line a square or rectangular tray with plastic wrap (or cling film).
- Spread the mixture into the tray and gently press the mixture into the pan until evenly distributed. I use my fingers, but you can use the back of a spoon if you like. 🙂
- Then place into the freezer until firm, roughly 15-20min.
For the Coconut Cashew Cream –
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor, (making sure its cleaned from the previous mixture, you don’t want this to look dark) until fully mixed and it becomes a thick creamy consistency.
For the Assembly –
- Take the base tray out, and spread the fig jam on top evenly, then pour the cream over and spread evenly using the back of a spatula or a palette knife.
- Then place back into the freezer to stiffen for about 40 min.
- Once it’s stiff, but not completely set, take your two whole figs and thinly slice them using a sharp knife. Take the tray out of the freezer and cover the top with the sliced figs.
- Place back into the freezer for another 40 min.
- Take them out and slice them into bars however big or small you like!
One thought on “Fig & Coconut Cashew Bars”
I’ve never baked with fig, but this recipe sounds delicious and I have to try ti! Following your blog for more recipes 🙂 I recently baked lemon bars and they were fantastic, so I highly recommend checking the recipe out