The weather in Sweden just keeps going up and down. It’s June and still the summer hasent hot properly yet. The cool winds keep us close to our cardigans and sweaters… which means one thing… Apple Desserts! Apples are something that when baked have always given me a sense of warmth and cozyness. So as I had some apples lying in my fruit bowl on a windy day like this, I decided to bake Apple Blondies! And as you guys know already from my previous posts, Blondies are Brownies just without the chocolate 😉 These are easy peasy to bake and super delicious!
Here’s how you bake them!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups apples, cut in cubes (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp sugar (for the topping)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (for the topping)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Line a rectangle baking dish (mine was 9×13 inch) with butter and baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar & 1 cup white sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour and mix again. Batter will be thick, don’t worry!
- Add apples and mix well until combined. Batter should begin to become thin to a more brownie consistency.
- Spread the batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
- In a small cup, mix 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the apple blondie batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until brownie consistency then remove from oven.
- Allow to cool completely! This is important because the blondie could still be wet and you want it to be sticky not wet. Once cooled, cut into bars and Enjoy! Try it with some vanilla ice cream! 😉