Brigadeiro is a Brazilian little treat. Its perfect for warm weather when you don’t want to use an oven – hence ‘no-bake’! Plus its a perfect little chocolatey treat with a nice coffee or a lovely tea! They are EXTREMELY easy to bake and they go really fast when you start eating them! 😉 Ive added a little extra Ammna touch to mine by adding pretzels, but literally you can coat them with whatever you like!
Here’s how you bake them!
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (350g)
- 1/4 cup of dark cocoa powder (kakao for all the ‘swedes’)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (‘salta pinnar’ for all the ‘swedes’)
- 1/2 cup melted 80% dark chocolate
- In a frying pan, heat the condensed milk, cacao powder, and butter on medium-low heat until it comes together in a soft dough like texture.
- Then pour the mixture onto a buttered plate or pan and pat down to spread out so that it can cool easily. Let it cool for roughly 10 min or until cool enough to touch.
- Once cooled, pull apart roughly 1 tablespoon of the ‘mixture’ and roll into a ball. Coat the ball with your crushed pretzels and then dip into melted chocolate to coat all of it.
- Place into a small pastry cup and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens – this should take roughly 15 min. Sprinkle a little icing sugar on top if you want them to look a bit more snazzy, and then Voila! You’re Brigadeiro’s are ready to be eaten and loved!