So the new fad currently is Charcoal, not just grilling with it but eating it. Yes like in food and desserts… for all those not into the whole intense up to date hip foodie thingys, this has become the new ‘IT’ thing to consume. And of course, I also got on the band wagon, and decided to try it out. I have used ‘Activated Coconut Charcoal’ which from my research is one of the best kinds you can use for cooking and baking. And as its still semi-summer in Sweden, I thought why not try making ice cream with it. oh of course not just charcoal as a flavour, I added some vanilla and some white chocolate nibs, just to give it an extra Ammna punch of flavours 😉 … as usual 😀
I have also used my Amazing Wilfa Ice Cream maker, which Literally works wonders! Its super easy to make and its very fast! Best part, you can eat it straight away or you can save it for later 😉
Here’s how you bake it!
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1/4 cup activated coconut charcoal – this is the kind I’ve used
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla paste (or vanilla bean from 2 pods)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate nibs (or chopped white chocolate works just as well)
(Were going with the super simple, “im lazy and just want to eat my ice-cream method” .. so dont judge 😀 )
- Pour all ingredients – except the white chocolate – into a medium sized bowl, mix well with a whisk, until everything is combined, and no lumps appear of the charcoal.
- Pour into your ice cream maker, and let it churn!
- Once fully churned and ready, take out, place into a tin, or bowl (I used a bread tin, just because I think it looks nice) And then working very quickly (as the ice cream is super soft and can melt easily at this point), pour in the white chocolate and swirl them around the entire batch of ice cream with a spoon until you’re comfortable that all chocolate is evenly distributed. Add a few chocolate pieces on top and place into freezer for an hour – or until you can wait anymore.
And Voila! Your charcoal Ice Cream is ready to be eaten!