Here is one of the worlds most easiest, fastest and yummiest cakes ever! It’s seasonal with the pumpkin and has lots of chocolate chips and moistness about it! I use pumpkin purée which ends up making the recipe literally 3 minutes to actually whip up and then put into the oven for 40 minutes! However, if you don’t have pumpkin purée (I make my own) just make it yourself , with a small pumpkin, cut into pieces, boiled with a little water for 15 minutes, and then your bake time extends to literally ONLY 17 minutes! I mean you CANT get it better than this! It’s super easy! And trust me, no one needs to know there’s pumpkin in it because it doesn’t give that intense of a flavor. It just sings so well with the chocolate that you wouldn’t even know! No butter needed either, lactose free, and just Uber tasty!
Here’s how you bake it!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin purée (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- 3 large eggs (or 4 small eggs)
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips – I used dark chocolate (or chopped chocolate)
- Grease and line an 8inch baking pan or bread pan & preheat the oven to 175C. In a large mixing bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer, just add all the ingredients – EXCEPT THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – and mix for 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Then fold in the chocolate chips and pour into your baking pan. (Note- I toss my chocolate chips in a little flour so they won’t sink in the cake while it bakes).
- Bake for 40-45 min until the cake tester comes out clean. Take the cake out and leave it in the pan to rest for 5 minutes before taking it out. Leave it to rest until completely cool then drizzle with some icing (optional).
Voila! It’s all done and ready to be devoured! Enjoy!!