Theres nothing like digging in to a wonderful pecan pie.. but if you don’t have time to bake a pie shell, or just don’t want to have something super sticky and intense like a pecan pie, then this pecan coffee chocolate cake is your thing! Its absolutely perfect after any meal, or just for ‘FIKA’ as well like to call it here in Sweden 🙂 I have added chocolate to my cake, but you totally don’t have to, i’m just always a little ‘extra’ 😉
Here’s how you bake it!
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar (regular sugar)
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted until browned then slightly cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dark strong black coffee , cooled
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 220g pecan halves, coarsely chopped, plus extra for decorating if you want to.
- 170g semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 177°C. And prepare a 9inch cake pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined (make sure the yolks and whites are fully blended). Whisk in the brown sugar, and white sugar, breaking up any lumps in the mixture. Whisk in the browned butter, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the pecans and chocolate chips (if using any – this is totally optional). Fold in the cooled coffee.
- Pour it into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 min.
- You can serve it warm or once its cooled down with some whipped cream 🙂