Nothing says breakfast like SCONES! And because it’s getting colder outside I’m starting to miss summer! Especially summer berries like raspberries! (My fav!) so here is a simple quick recipe for amazingly tasty raspberry scones .. with sour cream!!
Here’s how you bake them!
- 250g plain flour, plus a little extra for rolling out
- 40g cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 40g sugar
- 1 free-range eggs
- 3tsp baking powder
- 25ml milk
- 80ml sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C. And line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour and cold cubes of butter and with your hands (or fork) rub the flour with the butter until breadcrumb consistency.
- Then add in the sugar, egg, and baking powder. Mix with a wooden spoon until it starts coming together.
- Slowly pour in the milk and mix, this will make the mixture sticky, don’t worry this is normal. Then add in the sour cream and mix until just combined.
- On a clean surface sprinkle some plain flour and fold the dough onto the flour. Slowly and carefully kneed the dough until it comes together.
- Roll the dough out into roughly an inch thickness and then press in the raspberries evenly. (I tried folding them in , which you can do too, but the juices from the raspberries just get everywhere.. either way works though)
- Then using a cookie cutter, cut out the size of your scones and place onto the baking tray, brush with some egg wash and bake for 15 minutes.
And voila! Your scones are ready!! They smell amazing by the way!! Make sure to share with the neighbors! 😉