There’s nothing like a cozy hot chocolate in this wet cold fall weather. So what better way to enjoy that hot chocolate than with marshmallows! Ive made tiny cute little cinnamon marshmallows just to give the hot cocoa an extra Ammna kick! 😉
Give it a try!
Heres’ how you bake them!
- gelatin leaves 6 (10g) –I use Halal gelatin leaves silver grade, click here for them
- granulated sugar 250g
- liquid glucose 1 rounded tbsp
- egg whites 2 large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get your piping bag ready with a star nozzle. Prepare a tray with some parchment paper/baking paper, dusted with icing sugar.
- Put the gelatine leaves in a large bowl of cold water one by one to soften.
- Put the sugar, liquid glucose and 200ml water in a narrow, deep, saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves, then boil. When the sugar is nearing 125C on a sugar thermometer, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl, with another bowl close. When the syrup reaches 125C, pour, in a steady stream, into the egg whites (not the whisk blades) while you continue whisking.
- Squeeze any excess water from the individual gelatine leaves and beat these in too – the heat from the sugar syrup will dissolve them. Once all leaves are in and no gelatine streaks are visible, add the vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon, and continue whisking for about 10 mins until the mixture is very thick.
- Working quickly, transfer the marshmallow fluff into the piping bag and close the top. Then get piping onto your prepared tray – Make sure to pipe straight away, so that the marshmallow will stiffen and become thick and chewy! 🙂
- Let the marshmallow set for a few hours (roughly 3 hours) and then they are ready to pick up and eat straight away or enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa! Enjoy!