So here’s the thing. I love Chocolate and one thing that I absolute love is brownies! It’s something I could keep eating , like, FOREVER! Now , in order to not make myself feel so bad by finishing an entire batch of brownies is that I thought of making them in to stupidly soft chewy mini cookies and added Reese’s peanut butter chips to give some extra yumminess! And yea. It worked. But I still ate the whole batch! Haha!
Here’s how you bake them!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (if you can’t find these just drop small spoons of soft peanut butter – which has been sitting in the fridge for while and is VERY COLD AND HARD – into the dough once on the tray -explained in method #6)
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line two large baking sheets with baking paper, lightly butter the baking paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the butter and dark chocolate over some boiling water (or alternatively in the microwave with 15 sec intervals until the chocolate is smooth and melted)
- Take off the heat and whisk in the vanilla, then whisk in both sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk. (I did this by hand using a whisk, but you are welcome to use a hand held electric mixer)
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine – be sure not to over mix!
- Fold in the peanut butter chips, ( NOTE: if you don’t have peanut butter chips then take some smooth peanut butter, make sure it has been sitting in the fridge for a while – then using a teaspoon, scoop out small bits and just plop them into the batter – make sure it is COLD! Other wise it will mix in with the batter) stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop roughly two tablespoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake one tray at a time, reducing the oven temperature to 150C after you’ve put them in the oven. Bake for 15 min or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny, (could take up to 18 minutes).
- Once ready, take them out the oven and allow the cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving. This is important if you want that gooey centre to set.
And Voila! They’re somebody enjoy! 😉
2 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Bits Brownie Cookies”
Those look really yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Thank you for reading it! I hope you try it !! 😊