There’s nothing like getting some chocolate and having it melt in your mouth. Nothing like it other than eating a moist chocolate cupcake with a caramel nutty chocolate gooey center topped with a Lindt milk chocolate frosting! Yea you heard me .. all that chocolate! Is absolutely yummy! And exactly what you would want! Am I right or am I right?! 😉
Here’s how you bake them!
Chocolate & Plopp Cupcake (makes 12) –
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet Plopp with caramel & nuts
Lindt Milk Chocolate Frosting –
- 2 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 3 tblsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 80 g Lindt milk chocolate
Chocolate Plopp Cupcake:
- Put the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, vanilla together. With an electric mixer running on low speed in the flour bowl, slowly add the oil mixture, increasing the speed of the mixer as the batter thickens. Continue to beat until all the ingredients are incorporated (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake pan until paper wrappers are two-thirds full. Break off each piece of Plopp and place one piece in the center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 min. Take out and let cool completely before adding the frosting.
Lindt Milk Chocolate Frosting :
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar, vanilla, butter and salt in a bowl by hand or with an electric mixer until combined and smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- Pour it into a piping bag fitted with a star tip (you don’t have to use a star tip, you can use which ever you like) and then pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.