In sweden today is Kladdkaka day – which is the swedish version of a brownie, but way more gooey’er. Instead of doing the traditional kladdkaka i decided to mix it up and do a white version (essentially know as blondie to you and I) but with a hint of cardamom to give it that Christmassy warm wintery feel. And to make it even more Ammna, I decided to add some sticky crunch on top with a almond tosca topping. Yes, this is the ULTIMATE Blondie! Give it a try! And if you dont like cardamom.. just simply remove it, but trust me.. this is the real deal! 😉 Best part.. its EASY!
Here’s how you bake it!
Cardamom Blondie –
- 120 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tbls ground cardamom
- 2 egg
- 120 g flour
- 100 ml milk
Tosca topping –
- 100 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 2 tbls flour
- 2 tbls milk
- 100 g peeled and sliced almonds
- Set the oven to 180 C.
- Melt butter and let is cool completely (this is important otherwise the eggs will coagulate).
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add in the melted butter and mix well. Add all the dry ingredients in, mix thoroughly and then fold in the milk until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 15-20 min (depending on how sticky you want your blondie). At this point you can start your Tosca Topping.
- Tosca Topping –
- Add all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat it on medium heat until it all combines and thickens.
- Once the blondie has been in the oven for 15-20 min then take it out, and spread the tosca topping on, and wuickly put it back into the ovenfor a further 15 minutes or until the tosca topping gets a dark golden brown colour. You can also check with a cake tester or toothpick to make sure the blondie is ready – it should come out a bit sticky but not overly flowing.
- Take it out and let it cool, serve with some delicous whipped cream!