Every Christmas in Sweden there is something new and inventive that pops up in the bakeries which highlights Saffron. I thought why not this year create something sticky, gooey and extremely tasty! For a major wow factor on your taste buds try this cake, it’s a one bowl mix and super duper easy!
Here’s how you make it!
- 125 g Butter
- 100 g White Chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 0,5 g Saffron (powdered Saffron is the best)
- 250 g Sugar
- 150 g Almond paste (shredded)
- 200 g Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Set the oven at 175 C. Butter a round cake tin with a detachable edge.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix continuously.
- Add the Saffron into the white chocolate mix and then let it is aside for a few minutes.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and then add the white chocolate/saffron mixture to it. Blend thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into the ready buttered pan and bake for 30-35 minutes in the center of the oven until golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- Take it out the oven and let us rest for 20 min before cutting into it (it will be super gooey if you straight away so you’ve got to let the mixture set in first) – you could also keep the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving 🙂