So , my husband has been (somewhat, +-6 out of 7days)Vegan for almost a month now, and most of what I bake.. I bake for me.. lol. But this time I thought it would be nice to make something that I know he will eat and LOVE! So here is my take on the humble banana bread – in true Ammna form it is CHOCOLATE! Plus peanut butter, plus the fact it’s gluten-free and practically sugar -free (if you consider maple syrup sugar.. then ok it’s not lol). This is literally the EASIEST recipe ever, because guess what – you just out everything in a blender – blend, pour into pan and bake – Et Voila! You’re done! Give it a go – you’re gonna LOOOOOVE IT!
Here’s how you bake it!
- 400 g oats
- 60 ml Maple Syrup
- 177 ml Almond milk
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 100 g Smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120 g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80 g vegan dark chocolate chips/or chopped chocolate (if you’re not vegan then just use regular chocolate)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C. Line a bread pan with baking paper.
- In a cup mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. In a blender, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Make sure you add the wet ingredients first then the dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate. Pour into bread on and bake for 40 min – until a knife/cake tester comes out clean.
- Take out and leave to cool for 15 min before slicing. And Enjoy!