So here is the thing… it’s Sunday brunch day but literally the only thing I want are blondies … literally a Blondies with my coffee. So that’s exactly what I’ll have! But just cranked up a notch with brown butter, sea salt, almond flour for a little extra depth and pecans of course! Of let’s not forget white chocolate! So yes these are intense but intensely AMAZING!
Here’s how you bake them!
• 250g butter, cubed
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
• 250g brown sugar
• 5 large eggs (or 6 small)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 170g plain flour
• 150g ground almonds
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 100g roughly chopped pecan
- Line a 9×9 inch square baking pan with baking paper (or a small round baking pan) Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan set over a high heat. Stirring all the time, heat until bubbling, golden and with some brown flecks at the bottom. Remove from the heat (do this quickly as the butter can burn up very quickly) and leave to cool slightly, about 1 minute
- Add the salt and chopped white chocolate let it sit for a while until the chocolate becomes soft then stir until smooth then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to whisk the sugar and eggs until pale, creamy and fluffy. Pour the white chocolate mixture into the sugar and egg mixture, along with the vanilla extract, and fold together until smooth using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, ground almonds and baking powder then fold into the chocolate mixture followed by pecans. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before slicing. Make sure to cool properly otherwise the Blondies will be way too sticky to slice..