There is nothing like your favourites combined! A soft chewy chocolate chip cookie, with a chewy fudge’y brownie intertwined as one! Why have just one, when you can have both!? 😀
Here’s how you bake them!
For the Brownie –
- 150g unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped (I used 75%)
- 193g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 32g good quality dark cocoa powder (I use Valrohna)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 128g flour, sifted
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie –
- 340 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 227g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 80g sugar
- 200g packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200 dark chocolate chips (I use 75%)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough –
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Put into the freezer for 10 min. Take out and place half of the batter on a baking paper, and place another baking paper on top. Roll out flat roughly 1/2 inch in thickness. Do the same with the second half as well, and place into the freezer flat, for 20 min. Prepare the brownie batter.
Prepare the Brownie Batter –
Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
Place brownie batter into the fridge until ready to use.
- Take out the cookie dough flats. remove the top later of the baking paper. Pour half the brownie batter on one cookie dough flat and the other half on the other cookie dough flat. Spread evenly, leaving roughly 1 inch from all sides.
- Roll tightly, away from you, until you get a nice long roll. Do the same to both. If the cookie dough is too sticky, then place into the freezer with the brownie batter on, for 10 min. Take out and roll.
- Slice the rolls in 2 1/2 inches thickness. You should get roughly 16 cookies.
- Place them back into the freezer. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Once the oven is ready, place the cookies onto a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Make sure to have roughly 3 inches apart from each cookie, on my tray I could only fit 6 cookies at a time. Bake for 10-12 min. Don’t leave them in there for too long, you don’t want to over bake them. When you take them out they should still be ‘slightly’ gooey in the centre. You want to leave them on the tray to after bake. Once completely cooled, take them off the tray and ENJOY! 🙂