Yes you read right! This is a cookie dough base cake with a brownie center and cream cheese frosting topped on top! the best combo EVER! I mean.. if you ever need carb loading, then here it is folks! plus it tastes AMAZING! It’s not hard to bake, could take a little time, but most fo us are home these days, so why not!? 😉
Here’s how you bake it!
Cookie Dough Base –
- 120g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 113g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 40g sugar
- 100g packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 100 dark chocolate chips (I use 75%)
Brownie Center –
- 150g unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped (I used 75%)
- 193g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 32g good quality dark cocoa powder (I use Valrohna)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 128g flour, sifted
Cream Cheese Frosting –
- 400 ml Whip Cream
- 300 g Cream Cheese – I used Philadelphia
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100 g sugar
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough –
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Line a square 9x9inch baking pan with baking paper, and pat down the cookie dough evenly. then place in fridge. Preheat the oven to 175C. Bake for 12 minutes. Then take out, and place into the fridge. Meanwhile – make your brownie batter.
Prepare the Brownie Batter –
Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
Once the cookie dough is baked and chilled, pour the brownie batter ontop of the cookie dough, and bake it at 175C for 30-35 minutes. Until a cake tester comes out clean. Take it out, and let is cool completely before spreading on the cream cheese frosting!
Cream Cheese Frosting –
- Whip your cream until soft peaks , add in the sugar and vanilla and mix on high. Then add in the cream cheese and mix on medium for 4 min. Once the brownie/cookie cake is cooled, then spread an even layer of the frosting on top. Dust with some cocoa powder and slice into squares!