So I baked brioche donuts last weekend, and with that I made an extra brioche bread, which I put in the freezer. This wonderful Saturday morning, I took the frozen Brioche out, let it defrost, and then made an amazing French Toast breakfast fro me and my husband. And my oh my it was absolutely delicious! Buttery, sweet, tasty.. just perfect, and with some maple syrup and fresh berries.. it was exactly what I wanted to eat as breakfast.
For the brioche bread, you could easily just buy it, and if you have some laying around at home, and you think its stake or going stale, this is a great treat to make with it!
Here’s how you make it!
- Brioche Bread, (either store bought or home made) – my Brioche Bread Recipe is here
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 50 g sugar
- 110 ml cream
- 20 ml milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- Turn the oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Slice the brioche Bread in 1 inch thickness.
- Take a tablespoon of butter, and put it on a frying pan. Turn the heat on to medium. Let the butter melt, and sizzle. Dip one piece of bread into the mixture, and wipe off the excess by the edge of the bowl.
- Place it on to the frying pan, and fry each side fro 2 minutes, or until golden brown. For extra crispiness, sprinkle just a teaspoon on the toast, and fry it for a minute longer. Then place it onto a heatproof plate and into the oven to keep warm while you make the rest fo the toasts.
- Once all are done, place on plate with some maple syrup and have with fresh fruit.