I love this recipe because 1) i get to use my old bananas that have been just laying around like sad little fruits. And 2) because it literally takes 5 minutes to whip up, and the rest is the ovens job! Now if those two things don’t get you to want to bake this.. then i dunno.. lol but trust me.. this recipe is AMAZING! The Banana Bread is super moist, fluffy, delicious, nutty, and of course me being me, i add chocolate so it gives it that depth of gooey chocolate in as well! – But thats totally optional! 🙂
Here’s how you bake it!
- 256g (2 Cups) flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 113g (1/2 Cup) butter, melted
- 100g (1/2 Cup) sugar
- 50g (1/4 Cup) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 57g (1/4 Cup) sour cream (syrad grädde på svenska)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (muskotnött på svenska)
- 65g (1/2 Cup) dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 65g (1/2 Cup) chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F). Line a loaf pan/bread pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk, sour cream, and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and whisk until combined. Then slowly add in the dry ingredients, and fold using a spatula, until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional) and walnuts and then pour into the bread pan.
- Bake until a toothpick / cake tester comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then take it out and let it cool completely before slicing and enjoying!