There’s no cake or cupcake if there isn’t frosting! And if you’re like me, not a huge fan of overly sweet frosting, then this white chocolate Swiss merengue buttercream is your thing! you can keep it white, or colour it if you wish. But its perfect for topping on ANY flavour cake or cupcake, and even coating the cakes with it!
Here’s how you bake it!
- 4 Egg Whites
- 120 g Granulated Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature And Cut Into Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon good Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- (Plus liquid gel colour, if you want to colour)
- Melt your white chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Place egg whites and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk until combined.
- Place bowl over a hot water bath on the stove and whisk constantly until the mixture is no longer grainy to the touch (approx. 3mins).
- Place bowl on your stand mixer and whisk on med-high until the meringue is stiff and cooled (the bowl is no longer warm to the touch, approx. 5-10 mins).
- Switch to paddle attachment.
- Slowly add cubed butter and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla,Whip until smooth.
- Then add in the white chocolate and mix on high until thoroughly combined.
- Keep aside in the fridge until its ready to be piped!