my simple very sheet It’s adults
- Grease and line your baking tray with baking paper (parchment paper). I used my regular oven tray – it’s perfect in size and gets me roughly 35 squares. Preheat your oven to 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) to cream the butter, oil, and sugar together until smooth. Beat in coconut extract and egg whites for 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in coconut milk, sour cream until just combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Then add the milk and coconut shreds. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray and bake for 25-35 min (this varies depending on size of tray and oven, but as long as a cake tester comes out clean and you have a light golden brown color, you know it’s ready!).
- Let sit in the tray for 5 – 10 minutes until completely cooled.
- You can then either keep it in the tray (as I did because I was taking it to a party) or you can transfer it to a wire wrack or a serving board.
- Slice the cake evenly to get squares. I did mine 5×6 so ended up with 35 beautiful plump squares. Make sure to use a sedated knife as the cake is extremely moist and fluffy!!
- You can eat it like this or as I have done, garnish with some piped whipped cream, toasted coconut shavings and some sliced strawberries!!!
And Voila!!!! Your amazingly simple coconut sheet cake is ready!!