INSTAGRAM: @bakedbyammna #bakedbyammna
It’s still strawberry season in Sweden and this past Sunday we went strawberry picking.. and OMG were the strawberries juicy and massive!!! I just couldn’t resist, I ate a ton! And I took back home a ton as well!
I ate most of them that I brought home so when I realized I wanted to bake something with them I didn’t really have many left! Haha
So that got me thinking what can I do with just the two boxes I had left! Decided to bake something easy that doesn’t take much time in the oven (because it’s SUPER warm here!) And the one thing I’ve wanted to bake for a while was a tart! So I thought ok let’s utilize what I have in the kitchen so I can use the few strawberries I have soooo I thought how about a tart with a pate sucre base (that’s just a fancy French word for a biscuit/cookie type base) an almond cream, topped with strawberry mascarpone whip! Oh and to decorate you can decorate with more strawberries 🍓🍓
Here’s how you bake it!
Tart Base (Pâtè Sucrèe) –
- 230g flour
- 130g cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 large egg
- 20g brown sugar (muscovado sugar works too)
- Pinch of salt
Almond Cream –
- 100g Ground Almond (almond flour)
- 80g unsalted butter
- 75g sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
Strawberry Mascarpone Whip –
- 100g mascarpone
- 250ml cream (whipped and chilled)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 200g strawberries
To Decorate –
- 150g strawberries , sliced
For the tart case –
- In a medium sized bowl, rub the butter, salt and flour with your fingers until the butter becomes small pieces and kind of resembles coarse sand. Then add the brown sugar and egg, mix together and then start forming a dough by pushing the dough together.
- Once the dough is created, roll it out to roughly 2cm thickness. Cover with baking paper and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take out, cut and place into the tart shell case, take a fork and poke the tart base all over. If you have heavy baking beans place them ontop and bake at 177C and bake for 22min or until light brown. Take out and remove the baking beans, and bake for another 5 min. Take out and let cool completely.
Almond cream –
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the sugar, almond flour and butter. Mix until a thick paste is created.
- Then add the almond extract and egg and mix until it becomes a thick paste. Place evenly onto the cooled tart shell and bake in the oven at 175C for 20 min until golden brown ontop.
- Take out and cool completely.
Strawberry Mascarpone Whip –
- In a blender, blend the strawberries until they becomes a purée.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand held mixer , whip up the mascarpone with the already whipped cream, add the sugar and whip till thick.
- Add the strawberry purée in and whip until mixed properly.
Spread the strawberry whip all over evenly and place beautiful the cut strawberries and some eatable flowers if you like.
Chill and Enjoy!