INSTAGRAM : @bakedbyammna #bakedbyammna
It’s only been a day since I watched four episodes of Ted Lasso on Apple TV. And OMG do I love it! He is the nicest football coach EVER! The best thing about the show is that apparently his cookies (biscuits) are trending on social media at the moment. Without giving too much away, Ted Lasso bakes these amazing butter cookies to bring to his boss everyday. And well he called it ‘biscuits with the boss’ (biscuits because it’s set in England). I saw the show and I was determined to bake these cookies and eat them while watching. Haha yes I’m a bit of a geek like that but hey.. they DO taste pretty damn amazing!
They are VERY simple to bake and the bake goes quick! Just follow the recipe below and enjoy them while watching Ted Lasso do this thang! 😎
Here’s how you bake them!
- 210g (1 cup / 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 210g (1 1/2 cup) flour
- 48g (1/2 cup) almond flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Turn your oven on to 175C (375F) and line a 8×8 inch square pan with baking paper. Butter the paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, almond flour, sugar and salt until well mixed. Then add in the softened butter and vanilla. Pulse until it becomes a dough and doesn’t stick to the edges anymore.
- Take out and spread with your hands or using an offset spatula evenly in your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 min, until just golden brown. Take out and sprinkle some sugar on top of the bake. Let cool completely (takes roughly 30 min) and then slice into rectangles.
And there you have it! Enjoy the cookies with some coffee or tea or just as they are!