INSTAGRAM : @bakedbyammna #bakedbyammna
Halloween is lurking around the corner! And you know what that means… lots of ghoulish and scary treats for little kids (and adults too lol). Sometimes you don’t want anything too extravagant (mainly because you may not have time for it – like me with a 6 month old!) so that’s why you bake a tray bake.
This is a SUPER easy pumpkin spice tray bake – with white chocolate cream cheese frosting that’s just to die for! I Ofcourse used pumpkin purée in my cake – which you could buy or simple make at home – the piping decoration is super easy as well just give it a go and enjoy! (considering you’ve got pumpkin purée or are intending on making your own – which is why I do/ my recipe link is here – Click here for recipe- the. It takes basically no time to whip up).
Here’s how you bake it!
- 114 grams butter, room temp.
- 300g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 226g pumpkin purée (my homemade recipe is here – for recipe link see below)
- 280g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 ml milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tsp pumpkin spice mix (pumpkin spice recipe link see below)
- Couple drips orange food computing (if desired for the cake) and any other colour you like for the frosting designs on top (I used violet, black, orange and white)
For the white chocolate cream cheese frosting :
- 300g cream cheese, room temp
- 240g butter, room temp
- 500g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g white chocolate, melted & cooled
pumpkin purée – Click here /// pumpkin spice – Click here
- Set your oven at 175C (350F) and grab two small sized foil trays (in Sweden we use aluminum trays at the weight size of 8,5dl each)
- In your stand mixer (or with your electric hand held mixer) using a paddle attachment, whip up the room temp butter. Then add in the sugar and whip u til pale in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and whip u til fluffy. Then add in your pumpkin purée and mix until combined.
- Then in a separate bowl, add in all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice mix) mix together. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the milk and lemon juice and set aside – this is your homemade buttermilk.
- Then pour half of your flour into the batter and whip slowly until combined. Then half of your buttermilk. Then the remaining flour and then the remaining buttermilk. Whip u til combined. If you want your cupcakes to look extra Orange then add in some food coloring.
- Pour evenly into two trays and bake in the middle of your oven for 30-35min until cake tester comes out clean. Take out and let cool completely before piping the frosting on.
For the frosting:
- In a stand mixer, whip up the butter, then add the cream cheese. Whip until combined. Slowly sift in the icing sugar and then the vanilla.
- Whip thoroughly for about 5-6 min u til light and fluffy. Then pour in the white chocolate and whip up for another 2 minutes. Pour into a piping bag and pipe each cupcake.
There you have it! Have a ghouuuuulish halloweeen with this tray bake that everyone will just love!