I honestly love watching tv shows, with a new born it’s not as easy as I thought it would be to just sit down and chill out bing watching. However I have been lucky the last couple of weeks where my little one has had enough time to sleep that I can actually sit and watch something with the hubby. And the newest thing right now that’s a super hit is the Squid Game. Given the theme of the show is pretty intense and gorey but it caught us binging it! 🙈
Now the reason I’m mentioning all this is because in the show (without giving any spoilers) they make a HONEYCOMBE disk with a shape embossed into it which each player needs to try and get out without breaking the shape. And I’ve managed to make them. They are very easy and once you get the hang of it , it goes fast!
Just a note! It does take one or two tries to get it right so don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t work the first try! But don’t give up either! It works and works well!
Here’s how you make them!
INGREDIENTS: (and things you will need)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch bicarbonate soda
- Baking sheet, with butter spread all over
- A medium sized round cookie cutter (roughly 10cm in diameter)
- Small cookie cutters in different shapes
- First make sure to butter your cookie cutters inside and out, this will help them not to stick. Place the circle cookie cutter on the sheet and keep the small ones on the side close by.
- Then in a small saucepan, add in the sugar, and using a wooden spoon or spatula, keep stirring until the sugar melts and becomes a light golden color.
- Take off the heat and immediately (working REALLY fast) add in the pinch of bicarbonate soda and whisk. It will froth up instantly then quickly pour into your large circle cookie cutter. Leave it for roughly 15 seconds then take the smaller cookie cutter and softly push in the cutter in the center, and take it out so it makes an indent but doesn’t go all the way through.
- Let cool, and then remove the large circle cutter, and ENJOY!