I’ve always loved a Bundt cake. There’s something about the slightly crispy exterior and the soft inside that just goes so well together with a nice cup of coffee.
I had a few extra lemons in the fridge that would’ve gone bad if I didn’t use them soon, so I decided to bake a lemon Bundt with them.. honestly I just needed something super simple and quick to bake because 1) needed to use up my lemons, 2) needed to keep my 15 month old occupied while my two old slept and 3) I needed sugar for extra energy to juggle these to kiddos and fast! Lol
So needless to say if I can bake this with an extremely energetic 1 year old and a two week old new born then it’s definitely a super simple bake!
Here’s how you bake it!
- 385g (3 cups) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 225g butter, room temp.
- 350g (2 cups) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 235ml (1 cup) milk
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Zest of two lemons
- For the glaze – Juice of 1/2 lemon
- For the glaze – 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- Butter your Bundt tin and dust fine breadcrumbs all over. Turn your oven on to 177C.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a small bowl mix together milk and juice of 1 lemon, set aside (this will work as your buttermilk)
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand held mixer) whisk butter until light, then add sugar and whisk in medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and whisk until combined thoroughly. Then add in 1/4 of the flour mixture , and whisk until combined, Then add 1/4 of the milk/lemon and mix until combined. Continue until all the flour and milk is incorporated.
- Fold in the lemon zest and pour batter into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Take out, and leave in the pan for 15 min. Meanwhile make the glaze. Pour the 1/2 lemon juice and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Take the cake out of the tin and flip over. Using a brush the glaze generously on the warm cake. Let it sit and soak in for at least two hours. Then slice and enjoy!